sábado, 23 de mayo de 2009

CIA Home About CIA Today's CIA Leadership CIA Organization Chart CIA Vision, Mission & Values Headquarters Tour CIA Museum History of the CIA FAQs Strategic Intent 2007-2011 NoFEAR Act Site Policies Careers Offices of CIA News & Information Library Kids' Page Contact CIA MissionThe Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) is an independent US Government agency responsible for providing national security intelligence to senior US policymakers.

For more on the Agency's mission, visit our Strategic Intent.

Central Intelligence AgencyThe Work of a Nation. The Center of IntelligenceSearch Field Search Type Max Records Collection Search Button
Leadership
CIA Home > About CIA > Leadership



Info Leadership
Director of the Central Intelligence Agency
The Director of the Central Intelligence Agency is Leon E. Panetta.
The D/CIA serves as the head of the Central Intelligence Agency and reports to the Director of National Intelligence. The D/CIA is nominated by the President and confirmed by the Senate. The Director manages the operations, personnel and budget of the CIA and acts as the National Human Source Intelligence (HUMINT) Manager.


Deputy Director of the Central Intelligence Agency
The Deputy Director of the Central Intelligence Agency is Stephen R. Kappes. The DD/CIA assists the Director in his duties as head of the CIA and exercises the powers of the Director when the Director’s position is vacant or in the Director’s absence or disability.



Associate Deputy Director of the Central Intelligence Agency
The Associate Deputy Director of the Central Intelligence Agency, a position created July 5, 2006, was delegated all authorities and responsibilities vested previously in the post of Executive Director. The post of Executive Director, which was responsible for managing the CIA on a day-to-day basis, was simultaneously abolished. The current Associate Deputy Director is Scott White.


Director of Intelligence
The Directorate of Intelligence, the analytical branch of the CIA, is responsible for the production and dissemination of all-source intelligence analysis on key foreign issues. The current director is Michael J. Morell.


Director of the National Clandestine Service
The National Clandestine Service is responsible for the clandestine collection of foreign intelligence. The current director is Michael Sulick.


Director of Science & Technology
The Directorate of Science and Technology creates and applies innovative technology in support of the intelligence collection mission. The current director is Stephanie L. O’Sullivan.


Director of Support
The Directorate of Support provides the mission critical elements of the Agency's support foundation: people, security, information, property, and financial operations. The current director is under cover.


Director of the Center for the Study of Intelligence
The Center for the Study of Intelligence maintains the Agency's historical materials and promotes the study of intelligence as a legitimate and serious discipline. The current director is Carmen A. Medina.


General Counsel
The Office of General Counsel advises the Director of the Central Intelligence Agency on all legal matters relating to his role as CIA director and is the principal source of legal counsel for the CIA. The current Acting General Counsel is John A. Rizzo.


Director of Public Affairs
The Office of Public Affairs advises the Director of the Central Intelligence Agency on all media, public policy, and employee communications issues relating to his role as CIA director and is the CIA’s principal communications focal point for the media, the general public and Agency employees.








Posted: Apr 05, 2007 02:06 PM

Last Updated: May 04, 2009 09:09 AM

Last Reviewed: Apr 12, 2007 07:39 AM






Intelligence & Analysis
Welcome to the Directorate of Intelligence (DI), where incomplete and sometimes contradictory information is transformed into unique insights that inform US policy decisions. Members of the DI help provide timely, accurate, and objective all-source intelligence analysis on the full range of national security and foreign policy issues to the President, Cabinet, and senior policymakers in the US government.
Learn more about the Directorate of Intelligence:

Who We Are
What We Do
Organization
FAQs
History
Training Resources
Products
Careers





Posted: Dec 19, 2006 02:07 PM

Last Updated: Sep 04, 2008 02:49 PM

Last Reviewed: Sep 04, 2008 02:48 PM



Who We Are
With 29 years (mostly) in the DI, I have had five separate careers, each one building on expertise developed in the previous assignments. I've lived overseas, worked in the White House Situation Room, extensively researched absorbing topics, and had policymakers and colleagues interested in what I've discovered. I've learned an immense amount about the field I studied at university: international relations, but I've also learned so much more about people, systems, politics, critical thinking, writing, briefing, and topics as diverse as sanctions to biography to satellites. I don't have a yacht or a home worth millions, but I have never been bored at work. I've always been challenged to think and work at the most sophisticated levels, and I know that what I have done has helped my country prosper and be safe. The people I work with are intellectually curious, have wide-ranging and surprising interests and knowledge, and possess dynamic, rigorous, and sophisticated thinking standards. They also demonstrate the highest of ethical and personal standards; it is a pleasure to work daily with such impressive people. –Jane, manager, 29 years


Serving as a first-line manager was one of the most rewarding experiences I've had in my eleven years with the DI. The intelligence and dedication to the mission of people with whom I've had the pleasure to work never ceased to amaze me. As chief of two highly productive and fast-paced teams—responsible for South Asian and Middle Eastern issues—I was exposed to the best and the worst of the Intelligence Community, and I'm optimistic that the folks manning the analytic trenches are as capable and ready as ever to fight the good fight. Few organizations could have afforded me the wide array of experiences I had prior to management; I've worked in four different DI offices, traveled all over the world, and served as a PDB briefer—briefing the most senior of our Policy customers and meeting the President. –Steve, analytic manager/military analyst, 11 years


As a collection analyst I have had the opportunity to develop technical expertise, brief a wide variety of customers, and travel extensively. I work closely with regional as well as transnational analysts, helping them to leverage collection systems to answer their key questions and further refine their analysis, which in turn is passed on to policymakers. As collection analysis is a relatively small field, analysts have considerable responsibility as well as considerable autonomy in accomplishing their mission. This is a unique and challenging field, and allows you to learn about the varied and formidable resources available to assist other analysts in getting the information they need to help make this country a safer place. –Mike, collections analyst, 3.5 years


I came to the Agency from local government and was able to jump right in and work on challenging and timely issues. After receiving my master’s in peace operations, I was not sure where I wanted to work, but the Agency had a need and I was proud to answer the call to serve my country. I’ve been able to write for and brief top officials and diplomats, bringing them up to speed on issues about the United Nations and impacting US policy. In the DI, we often collaborate across offices to bring our collective analytic best forward--and that creates a unique synergy. CIA has great employee morale and an understanding management team that regularly asks for feedback. One of the more exciting aspects of work is having the opportunity to be trained in a variety of skills and subjects, usually with other members of the Intelligence Community. –Michael, political analyst, 2 years


I was recruited by the Agency from my communications graduate program at American University. I had no idea what was in store for me, but I was pleasantly surprised to find that working in the DI provides a vast range of opportunities and relationships beyond what I had imagined. In my day-to-day job I not only coordinate with analysts covering every region of the world, but I also interact with graphics designers, electronic publishers, and IT developers in order to provide our products to policymakers and a wide variety of customers across the Intelligence Community. The feedback we receive on our products is positive and encouraging; it provides me with a clear sense of the Agency mission and a feeling of accomplishment in directly supporting US policymakers—especially knowing that the products I edit are read by the President on a regular basis! I also appreciate the “continuous learning” aspect that is advocated throughout the DI—I have been able to attend conferences, training, customer outreach events, and working groups and am consistently encouraged to take advantage of opportunities that will further my professional development. Although I have been at the Agency a short time, I have been able to develop skills quickly that will serve me well in my future career here—I look forward to the new experiences that await me. –Jessica, publications officer (editor), 1.5 years




Posted: May 06, 2007 03:27 PM

Last Updated: Sep 04, 2008 02:50 PM

Last Reviewed: Sep 04, 2008 02:50 PM

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario